2009年4月15日 星期三

Hong Kong Deli 香港齋滷味

Hong Kong Deli 香港齋滷味
301 W. Valley BLVD., #115
San Gariel, CA 91776
Tel: 626-289-3300

I was actually going to 新幹線鐵路便當餐廳 where I saw the info from 洛城冰牛奶茶坊, when I got there, it's actually not a restaurant any more. I called the # on the web but no one answered ( I did call again on following monday, the own did pick up the phone then and told me they had to sell the place due to parking issues for their customers, they are still looking for new location to be back for the business, we'll see), therefore, I just settled with Hong Kong Deli in the same plaza, since inside looked packed, I guess the food wouldn't be too bad, right?




Small but cozy dine-in place.



This hot sauce was on each table. I didn't know what that white stuff was. The hot sauce smelled very good and tasted good as well, but that white stuff was ewwww!!! Who can tell me what that was!!!

Choice of 3 Gluten Plate 1/2 lb ($4.75)

First time to this place and really didn't know what to order and they had this introduction on the cover of their menu and to go menu, so we just ordered it to give it a try. It says gluten consists of a mixture of specially prepared flour and water and it's a vegetarian dish. The plate we had come with variety of flavors, from what I could tell it had sweet & sour, soy sauce, curry and BBQ sauce. It also came with soft and firm texture of different pieces and served as cold. It's not bad and could be good with rice.

XO Sauce Seafood Noodle Soup XO海鮮湯麵 ($7.95)

Tis order came with 2 dishes. One is pure of noodle & soup, another one was the XO sauce with seafood. The noodle soup was just ok, it was plain and simple. XO sauce seafood was excellent. It's actually XO sauce one made this dish good. It had a lot fish fillet and a few shrimps in it. My friend loved this dish a lot but next time, would really prefer to order rice over noodle. The sauce was actually better with rice to my taste.

Pork Neck-Loin Over Rice 香煎豬頸飯 ($6.95)

This dish was recommended by our waiter. I believed in him and it turned out very good. The pork neck-loin was cooked perfectly tender and the sesame seeds gave the flavor a big plus. The only thing I could complain about this dish is that it was too plain besides pork neck meats. It could have some sauce over the rice or some other side dish other then just half stew egg and veggies on it but over all, I was glad I ordered it.




How good was it? Should I say more!!! :)-

I also noticed on their to go menu that they have lunch special 7 days a week from 11am to 5pm, the price is from $4.50 to $6.95. I think that's really some good deal right there and you can always ask them to change steam rice to multi-grain rice for about $1 more.

2 則留言:

  1. 以前聽到店名,一直以為「齋」滷味,是只有吃齋(素菜),沒想到還可以吃到肉ㄚ。

    回覆刪除
  2. Hello Icemilk
    thank you for coming, yeah, when I saw the name, i thought the same as you too but they actually got some good dishes.
    K.J

    回覆刪除

I'll really like to hear from you, please leave a comment or feedback. If you don't have any of those ID/account, you can just choose "Anonymous" under "Comment as" to leave a comment, just dont forget leave a nickname, thank you!
如果您都沒有任何登入帳號的話, 直接在"Comment as" 中選"Anonymous"就可留言了, 別忘了留個暱稱或稱呼喔 謝謝!