2009年4月15日 星期三

Bamboodles 蓮香竹昇麵

Bamboodles 蓮香竹昇麵
535 W. Valley Blvd.,
San Gabriel, CA 91776
Tel: 626-281-1226
http://www.bamboodlesrestaurant.com/

You can always get some good deals or dining ideas from Eileen Likes to Eat if you are a big fan of hers just like me :)-
And who can say no to 1 buck noodles even they have a big C in front of their door!! So here I was giving the $1 special a try ^_^.


The place was actually pretty clean and modern as I could see.I think the only reason they got a C is because of the big bamboos they use to beat the doughs and the small bamboos they use to steam the rice/food in it?? really not sure why they got a C.



$1 special was big sign in front of the door and on each table. I don't think they change daily $1 special though, I think they always give you spicy dry dan-dan noodle ones for the special.




I thought today wouldn't have anyone come out and use those big bamboos to beat the doughs.




Next thing you know, a guy came out from the kitchen, jumped on the bamboo and sort of started riding and humping that bamboo to flat the dough (sort of beating the dough?).


He then brought the dough back to the kitchen, when he came back to the front again, he started to cut those doughs into noodles. Very interesting.

I didn't order any soup or soup noodles, don't know if that's a fact or not.

Spicy Wonton (8 PCS) ($2.95)

It's not your traditional spicy woton but it was pretty good, I liked it.

Daily Special Steam Rice ($2.95)

Preserved vgetable with pork over rice. It was ok and just like Eileen said, too little of topping and too much of rice.

Spicy Noodles ($1.00)

Here comes what we came here for: $1 special spicy dry noodles. It has some ground stew pork meat, chopped peanuts and green onions on top. It's also just an OK dish. Nothing special but not too bad either. But what can you ask more for $1?


I think I'll come back again for their dumplings and other soup noodle dishes.

2 則留言:

  1. IT CAN READ CHINESE...><....

    I AM FISH.
    THERE ARE SO MANY WONDERFUL FOOD HEHE!
    IT MAKE ME "HUNGRY" RIGHT NOW.
    K.J'S PASSION ABOUT FOOD:SO AMAZING!
    (MIOU~)(A CAT'S VOICE)

    MIOU~

    回覆刪除
  2. hello Fish, thank you so much for stopping by, please come visiting often :)
    K.J

    回覆刪除

I'll really like to hear from you, please leave a comment or feedback. If you don't have any of those ID/account, you can just choose "Anonymous" under "Comment as" to leave a comment, just dont forget leave a nickname, thank you!
如果您都沒有任何登入帳號的話, 直接在"Comment as" 中選"Anonymous"就可留言了, 別忘了留個暱稱或稱呼喔 謝謝!