2009年3月19日 星期四

Hong Kong Express

HONG KONG EXPRESS
187 E. MANCHESTER BLVD.
LOS ANGELES, CA

Right before I was going to take this picture, this dude just parked in front of place, what a lazy dude!!

Just a regular Chinese fast food restaurant

I was lazy, didn't feel like to cook for dinner even though I have stuff in my ICE BOX(冰箱/refrigerator是也) that can be cooked in no time, but you know, sometimes you just feel lazy and don't really want to do anything :)-
I am sure there are tons of Hong Kong express all over the places and I have been seeing them all over the place as well. It's just very regular chinese fast food, not really good but not that bad either. 就是圖個方便. The items are always the same, orange chicken, teriyaki chicken, beef & broccoli, etc....And the owner seems always come from Laos or Cambodia?
And they always have those combos you can choose from, 1 item, 2 items, 3 items with fried rice or chow-mei or half & half.

COMBO B WITH 2 ITEMS ($5.99)

室友永遠都吃這兩種, deep fried chicken wings and teriyaki chicken,
而且都會要他們在炒飯上淋上他們另一種stew chicken's sauce, to me, I'd think they just use those left over fried chicken or meat to do those stew dishes, 反正大多數老外就是喜歡這種湯湯水水稠稠的東西, I would never got those dishes if the meats look like it has been fried already, I always think they are all left overs :)-, 但是那sauce還真的不錯, 就下飯.
Their fried chicken wings are actually good too, if they just came out of the kitchen, it would be very juicy and fresh hot. Teriyaki chicken just OK.

COMBO B WITH 2 ITEMS ($5.99)

I got a combo with 2 items too. First item is curry chicken ( I couldn't taste any curry flavor at all though). I really don't know what to get, so I picked the ones that I never get before, the chicken is actually tender, but of course it's just soupy and has a lot sauce and always comes with onions, carrots and potatoes :)-
2nd item is the one looks like burning dark on top, they call it chicken kebabs, it was really on the skewer with 2 huge chicken meats, the reason I picked it was because tehy just came out the kitchen. I didn't expect much from it at all because that burned dark skin looks, but it actually tasted very good, I took away all the burned part and ate the meat, it's tender and flavorful. I just couldn't tell what seasonings they put on it!
This is just a very simply, cheap and lazy dinner and it's my first food reviewing :)
I am trying to make my first review to be simple, easy and hope my future review and be as good as I wanted them to be. :)-

1 則留言:

  1. 哇!我都不知道LA有這麼多中式料理.看了肚子又餓了.還好我老媽此時又再炒明天的菜,等會再去粑一碗飯.

    回覆刪除

I'll really like to hear from you, please leave a comment or feedback. If you don't have any of those ID/account, you can just choose "Anonymous" under "Comment as" to leave a comment, just dont forget leave a nickname, thank you!
如果您都沒有任何登入帳號的話, 直接在"Comment as" 中選"Anonymous"就可留言了, 別忘了留個暱稱或稱呼喔 謝謝!