2009年3月29日 星期日

My Way Deli 味佳冷飲小吃

My Way Deli 味佳冷飲小吃
735 W. Garvey Ave.,
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Tel: 626-282-8997-----------Cash Only!!

I past this place awhile ago and saw that giant sign of "Taiwan Food" out side of their door that made me wanted to try it.



It's very slow on friday night. The woman sat by herself, just scream all of sudden because she saw a bug in her soup, and later said oh, it's ok, not a problem. That guy with hat came later and ordered some to go food but also asked for a stinky deep fried tofu and a soup to eat in the store but just kept complaining about the service and how slow they were but as I could see, they were doing so fast to serve the food and everything. What a weird night!!!


Sticky Rice Roll 糯米大腸 ($4.25)

I love this food since I was a kid in Taiwan and every place I go if they got this dish, I always have to get it. I can tell it's hand made sticky rice roll here, didn't ask if they made it themselves or they bought it from somewhere but it's good and I loved it.


Pork Chow Mein 肉絲炒麵 ($5.25)

They has me if I wanted thin or thick noodles and I picked thick one. This chow mein was very good.

Lamb Cooked in Herbal Soup 岡山羊肉湯 ($4.75)
I couldn't help and notice they have this soup on their menu and I had to give it a try since I was born and grew up from south of Taiwan and we all loved this soup back in Taiwan.The soup was light and good but I wasn't sure if they added too much herbs or they let it sat too long, the broth tasted a bit bitter. The lamb was actually tender and ginger gave it a good flavor.



Deep Fried Porkchop with Rice 炸排骨飯($5.25)





The porkchop looked dry but it was actually good and juicy. But the other sides were just so so. The veggie was a little bit cold. The stewed tofu and egg had good flavor but they didn't put any sauce on the rice, it was so dry I had to ask them to put some sauce on the rice.


This place isn't the best traditional taiwanese food in LA but they did contain some flavor that will bring back some memories when you taste some of their dishes. I'll go back again to try others and my sticky rice roll for sure.

2 則留言:

  1. My Way's only good thing is the O-Ah-Jien... Otherwise, they couldn't even make chicken cold noodle right...

    回覆刪除
  2. Hi TonyC, thank you for stopping by!
    I'll give O-Ah-Jien a try next time. I do agree their food just ok but I really liked their sticky rice roll :)-

    回覆刪除

I'll really like to hear from you, please leave a comment or feedback. If you don't have any of those ID/account, you can just choose "Anonymous" under "Comment as" to leave a comment, just dont forget leave a nickname, thank you!
如果您都沒有任何登入帳號的話, 直接在"Comment as" 中選"Anonymous"就可留言了, 別忘了留個暱稱或稱呼喔 謝謝!